Privacy Notice – Recruitment
and "VVB" are to VVB Engineering (UK) Ltd and associated group of companies.
At VVB we are committed to maintaining your privacy. By accessing this website and submitting
your information to us via this website, you are indicating that you have read, acknowledged and
agreed to us processing your information for the purposes of a job application, as set out herein.
If we make changes to this policy, we will notify you by updating this statement on our website.
The software we use for our recruitment is called Blue Octopus. This means that your personal
data is processed by Blue Octopus on behalf of VVB, following the instructions VVB sets out.
The data we collect
- • Contact details such as name, title, address, telephone numbers and personal e-mail
- • Evidence of your proof of right to work in the UK and /or immigration status
- • Diversity and equal opportunities monitoring information, this can include information
about your race or ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, disability and any other
- • Information about your health, including any medical needs or conditions
- • Evidence of qualifications and professional accreditations, for some positions
- • Any communications regarding your application
- • Details of your use of our recruitment tools and services, such as your candidate profile
and alerts for vacancies
- • The status of your application and updates on how it moves forward
Processing of a Protected Characteristic
Personal data is defined as a ‘protected category’ when it reveals racial or ethnic origin, political
opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership.
We process this data when it’s necessary to report on diversity and inclusion applications.
Why we need your data
We need your data to enable us to move your application forward, to assess you against the
selection criteria, to contact you regarding your application and to send you notifications for
vacancies and job alerts.
How your personal information is collected
We usually collect your personal information when you enter it in on the job application, through
third-party job advertisement websites, the careers website and at interview stage. These may
- • Personal information including contact details
- • Your CV
- • Evidence of proof of right to work in the UK
- • Diversity and Equal opportunities
Applications automatically declined
During the application process you may be asked eligibility questions. You won’t have to disclose
sensitive information, and everyone still has an equal opportunity to apply. The system will
automatically decline your application if you do not meet the eligibility criteria.
Personal information you provide in the recruitment process is only available to VVB and Blue
Octopus. If you are successfully recruited, we will upload your details to our HR system to raise
the contract of employment. A separate privacy notice will then be issued to define how your
data is handled and stored once you become an employee.
Blue Octopus is only able to access data by the instruction of VVB, and will only be for system
Third parties will only process your personal information on our instructions and where they
have agreed to treat the information confidentially and to keep it secure.
VVB have processes, methodologies, technologies in place to preserve the confidentiality, integrity and
availability of information. To prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or
accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we only give access to your personal
information to those employees or contractors who are involved in the recruitment process.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes of
the recruitment process. For documents supporting recruitment, application or selection the
retention period is six months from most recent application or interview.
If you have queries on any of the following subjects, please contact email@example.com:
- • Wish for your personal information to be removed
- • Feel your data has been compromised